Each year ProfitPATH, often with the participation and help of our clients and friends, undertakes a special project or two to assist people in our community.
We are very proud of our community outreach partnerships and the many programs we have supported throughout the years. They include:
- The School for Social Entrepreneurship (SSE) (2013-2014)
- The SSE supports individuals who are starting & growing social enterprises and community organizations via their unique action-learning courses. ProfitPATH has provided both mentoring and financial support to this organization.
- “Jim and Deborah: It has been wonderful to count you among the School’s strongest allies. You’ve given generously of your time and now you’ve made a wonderful financial contribution. We really couldn’t do our work without friends like you!” – Marjorie Brans, Managing Director, School for Social Entrepreneurs
- Up With Women (2014-2015)
- A non-profit organization dedicated to bridging the gap from homelessness and deep poverty to economic and social empowerment for women and girls. ProfitPATH participates as a board member and provides financial support to this organization.
- Province of Ontario Summer Company Program (from 2006)
- The provincially-sponsored program helps high school, college and university students to start up and run their own business for the summer. ProfitPATH provides advice and mentorship to students to help get their businesses up and running. Jim Stewart was recognized for his mentorship and support of the Program in one of the Program’s Yearbooks.
- Habitat for Humanity Glenda Hummel Memorial Build (2010 – 2015)
- Habitat GTA helps low-income families build and buy simple, decent quality affordable homes through a no-interest mortgage. It enables low-income families to build assets, reduce their dependence on social assistance and break the cycle of poverty.
- Our goal is to raise $100,000 by the end of 2015 in memory of a dear friend. We are currently at $63,500 raised.